Dr Mariza van Wyk BA MSc PhD –
Dr van Wyk (PhD) has been involved in Sleep Science Clinical Research since she commenced her undergraduate studies at The University of Cape Town in 2010. She initially completed a BA at Stellenbosch University in 2009 and subsequently joined the Neuropsychology Honours then Masters Programme at UCT. She has also obtained certification as Sleep Neurophysiologist through the American Academy of Sleep Medicine. In 2017 she completed her PhD in Sleep Neuroscience through UCT.
She has received the following honours and awards:
- Oppenheimer Memorial Trust Scholarship 
- Peter Scholtz Overseas Scholarship 
- National Research Foundation Innovation Scholarship [2013 – present]
- PhD Research Scholarship [2013 – 2017]
- University of Cape Town Merit Scholarship [2010-2012]
- University of Stellenbosch Merit Scholarship [2007-2009]
Mariza works under the supervision of Dr Irshaad Ebrahim and Dr Uschenka Padayachey at The Constantia Sleep Centre and leads our research agenda in Clinical Sleep Medicine with a focus on Cognitive Behavioural Therapy for insomnia.